Monday, August 23, 2010

Quilting Bee

I am so excited!!!!!!


My friend at Blissitydoodah blog is hosting a doll (mini) quilt activity. You can make a quilt or show one you have. This is going to be so much fun!!!


It brings back the memories of the days I spent sitting on our front porch cutting out quilt blocks with my Grandmother. We would use newspaper and pieces of thin cardboard to make our patterns out of.


Of course I will be hand sewing mine as I did with my Grandmother. I cannot wait to get started.
Won't you get your scraps out, start cutting, join us in this adventure.

7 comments:

PCovi said...

Phyllis likes this!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Mary,
I'm not a quilter. Sounds fun and I can't wait to see yours! I can just see you on your porch, quilting away!
Warmly,
deb :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, I'm sure that Phyllis LOVES it that you are going to participate...

Hugs,
Betsy

Vee said...

Oh this is going to be so much fun for you. I've only made one doll quilt in my life...a crazy patchwork quilt. Hmmmm....I'll think about it!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Mary,

This sounds like fun! Of all the crafting I have done, I have never quilted. I have always promised myself I would learn do so, and just like your dear grandmother mine too made beautiful patchwork quilts and sewed them all by hand. Cannot wait to see all the quilts ahead:o)

Smiles....

Beverly

Darla said...

I'll bet Phyllis is going to have quite a wonderful collection to show us. So many are participating.

Darla

Unknown said...

Let me know when you post your quilt! I can't wait to see it! That Blissitydoodah gal is always stirring up something creative, isn't she? {{GRIN}}

HUGS, KJ