Monday, January 17, 2011

Time to go Home!!!!

I cannot believe it is the middle of January and we are still here. That was some snow storm we had. It seems to be clearing. Ma I think we should try to get started back tomorrow. We want to beat the next storm. I do not want to get snowed in all winter. Need to see about the stock and finish up some of that woodworking I was doing. We will need the extra money.

Yes and I left the new quilt I was working on at home. I want to get it done in time to enter in the Spring Bazaar. I want to use the money to buy material to make new Church clothes for the children. I will so miss our new friends but maybe they could come visit us in the fall after the crops are in and could have Christmas at our house next Christmas. I would love it. The girls can write to each other during the year and we can keep in touch that way. This has been an adventure I will never forget.

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great writing, Mary.... Like I've said, you need to publish it.

Hope 'they' got home in time for the quilt to be finished....

Hugs,
Betsy

Carole Burant said...

I've just caught up on your last 3 posts and that's what I call a perfect Christmas for these two families:-) Just goes to show that one doesn't need much to make it special. Loving this story! xoxo

Unknown said...

Always a pleasure to visit and peek into your stories. I love your writing. Hope you are staying warm by the fire as you write this.
Karen

Gwendolyn said...

Always interesting to see your writings! Blessings to you tonight.