Monday, December 20, 2010

The Trip

Oh my goodness you kids sure are up early are you in a hurry. Ma don't tease us. You know we are up doing our chores so we can get a early start to our trip in town. " Ma; said Pa that bread and bacon sure smells good. You all get washed up so we can eat, then we will get ready for our trip. You kids bundle up good it is really cold out.


Everyone ready, lets get on the road. Mandy you can start the carols. " Pa I believe I will start with Jingle Bells." Sounds good to me. We will be in town in a couple of hours if we make good time. Here we go!!!!!


Joseph you want to come up here and help with the reins??? Oh Pa do you really mean I can. Yes Son you are old enough now.

8 comments:

PCovi said...

A couple of hours! I hope they did have those apples and oranges when they got there!
:)

Vee said...

I can tell that you are a fan of Little House books and all the great old stories. This has been a cozy read. Are you printing this up and giving it to a grand?

tea time and roses said...

Hello Mary,

I am all caught up on the story. Mary you are such a wonderful writer!:o)

Like Vee, I too am wondering will you pass this on to your grand kids. Merry Christmas to you and family!

Smiles♥

Beverly

Amy M. said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Carole Burant said...

"Here's to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold."

Happy New Year, dear Mary, wishing you and yours all the very best that 2011 has to offer!! xoxo

Vee said...

Hmmmm, I am thinking about you and praying, too.

Gwendolyn said...

Such fun from the eyes of little ones! Trust you had a great Christmas and blessings in the New Year.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hope you publish this one, Mary. You are a wonderful writer. What a GIFT you have.

Thanks for entertaining us.
Hugs,
Betsy