Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Greetings

Top of the afternoon to all of you!!! I have been missing you. It seems I do not have enough hours in the day to do all I want.


You know since my husband retired last year my life has changed in so many different ways. I must say all to the better.


We have so much fun spending time together and doing so many things.


We still have our separate activities we like to do. He likes to hunt, which is also a good way for him to get his daily exercise. He does all of our outside work. Because of his tender care, my plants are the biggest ever, even with all the heat we've had this Summer. I still do my church jobs, and volunteer in the food pantry.


Today has been a very nice, cool day with lots of clouds hanging around. It put me in the mood for a pot of homemade chili. Yes you guessed it is simmering in the crock-pot as we speak. I am thinking about baking a chess pie to go with it. What do you think??


The Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. I believe in part due to all the beautiful, blaze, of colors.

4 comments:

PCovi said...

Sounds yum. Bring on the fall! Soon trick or treaters will be running around here :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Mary,
It's a bit chilly here today and last night I made beef stew..yummy.
Hubby isn't feeling so good and will see the Dr on Monday..
Garage sale went pretty well and tomorrow I'm dropping of some stuff at the thrift store!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Warmly,
deb :)

Vee said...

It's not often, Mary, that I hear a woman who is happy that her husband has retired. It's sweet to read your comments about it. Keep having fun. Did you make the chess pie?

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,
What a delightful thought of chili on the stove, fall weather and plans for a cheese pie.

I love Fall too. Today my friend Joyce and I took a ride to the Cape. We had soup for lunch overlooking the quaint streets of Sandwich, Ma. We went to the beach, road along the shore and finished the day with coffee and a popover. Sweater weather, sounds good to me.

Karen