Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today

Today was my volunteer day at the food pantry. we serviced 7 families today in our small town, We are so Blessed to be able to do this.


I think how Blessed I am. I want to be a happy person for them. They come in with so much sadness. I pray each week before I go that I can make a difference even a small one in their lives!


Today they made a difference in my life. With all their problems and cares they wanted to know how I was. Thanked me for sitting in our little very hot space so they could come and get food for their families.


You never know when you might just receive a Blessing!!!!

9 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Amen Mary.... There are so many ways that we can do things to help us. Working at the Food Pantry is just one special way. Glad you got to help.

God Bless.
Hugs,
Betsy

Vee said...

The way you say that you want to be a happy person for them...I'm sure that that means so very much. Gloom and sadness never does a thing for folks.

Darla said...

It is truly a blessing that there are folks in this world like you Mary.

BTW I'm having a tiny giveaway on my blog today - stop by.

Darla

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Mary,
I think you are a blessing!!!
Have a great weekend and I hope you are staying "cool"...
Warmly,
deb :)

Yaya' s Home said...

Thank you, Mary, for doing for others with a smile on your face. I was jus' readin' how service done without a pure heart causes the blessings to be held back from the giver. Obviously, your blessings are gonna' multiply.

Have an outstanding weekend.

~ Yaya

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy M. said...

So wonderful that you do that! I know your work is so appreciated!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Lallee said...

This is a beautiful reminder to focus outward and not inward! Thank you, Mary.
XO,
Lallee