Thursday, October 2, 2008

This and That Thursday

I hope every one's having a good Thursday!!! Here in Southern Kentucky it is a bit cooler today.

Oh how I do love our fall mornings. Waking up to that bit of nip in the air. I find it so invigorating. This is one of my favorite times of the year.

The rustling and crunch of the leaves as you walk through them not to mention all the amazing colors as they float past.

It makes me want to cook so many warm comforting foods for my family. Our good friend Pea at http://peascorner.blogspot.com
harvested around 400 pounds of potatoes. I told her I would share my potato soup recipe with her and of course all of you also. I hope you will like it.

6 large potatoes washed, peeled and diced. (I like a large dice)

2 stalks of celery diced

1 small onion diced

1 T. parsley

Cover with chicken broth and cook until the vegetables are tender.

Add 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup ( I would start with 1 so you can gage how much cheese flavor you want for yourselves and then add the other if you want.)
Then add enough milk for your desired thickness. Simmmer for 3 to 5 minutes then serve. It is so good!!!!!

20 comments:

Darla said...

Sounds good. I made an oldfashioned potato soup with leeks but I've never tried a version with cheese.

So when exactly IS your birthday???

Darla

Sharon said...

I love potato soup! Your recipe sounds good.

I agree with you about the cooler weather being invigorating. :) Our dog does too. She is very energetic these days. :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Mary:)
The soup sound great and I'll have to make some.
I appreciate your comment..
Warmly,
Deb

Vee said...

Hmmmmm, I love a good hearty soup like this one. Thanks for the recipe.

Donna said...

We LOVE potato soup! Thanks for the recipe sweetie!hughugs

willzmom said...

Hasn't it been nice the last few mornings-I think fall has finally come to our neck of the woods. Your soup recipe sounds so good, I think I'll give it a try.

~~Deby said...

This sounds so good....thanks for sharing...
I too love the cooler weather...
Deby

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Mary!
Nothin says fall like some good old potato soup or chili! I've never tried the cheese soup in it. Sounds really good!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Sherry

Carole Burant said...

Ooooh that sounds yummy! As I've mentioned to you, I've never tried making potato soup before so I'm glad to now have a recipe that's tried and true!! Thank you so much for posting it:-) xoxo

Jackie said...

Sounds absolutely yummy! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us all.

God bless.

Sandi McBride said...

Other than Potato soup, I love Brocoli soup the best! Thanks for the recipe...
hugs
Sandi

ShabbyInTheCity said...

This is the first time I've left you a comment while sitting right across the table from you! Soup sounds as good as leaves crunching!

Susie Q said...

Oh how we love soup and potato soup is a favorite! Your recipe is a great one. I am thinking this weekend is perfect for some!

I too love the cool, crisp days this time of year brings. It just feels so fresh and puts a spring (so to speak! *grin*) in my step!

I hope your weekend will be a sweet one!

Love,
Sue

bluemuf said...

I love potato soup and this recipe sounds so yummy. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs karen

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That does sounds wonderful! Especially for fall weather.
Penny

Mary said...

Mary Isabella,

Yes, I saw where Pea had harvested all those potatoes. They will certainly make a lot of potato soup. ;-)

Thanks for sharing the recipe. That soup will taste good on a cold winter day.

Hope you have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Mary

kari and kijsa said...

How fabulous that sounds! We love potato soup at our house!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Mary,
That sounds so yummy! We're hopefully going to have cooler weathers again later next week - high 80's right now but I'm gonna print this recipe and make it as soon as it cools off!
Have a fabulous weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy

vivian said...

hi Mary,
I think I might try your recipe! thank you!
hugs
vivian

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I love this time of year! Thanks for sharing.