Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Joy

There is so much JOY in doing the simple everyday tasks. Yesterday I made this soup my family has enjoyed since they were little. It was and still is one of my favorite things to serve on Halloween Night.I call it Cabbage beef soup. You start with a small head of washed cabbage cored and rough chopped.Then dice one large green pepper, and one large onion. Put all of this in a nonstick pan with 2lbs. of ground chuck. Saute all untill tender. Meanwhile in a slow cooker put in two cans of light kidney beans add parsley and garlic to the pot as much as your taste call for. Then drain any grease off the cabbage and meat mixture and add to the slow cooker. Thenadd 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes to this, Cook on low for about 6 hours. If this is too thick add a little water to thin it. All of my littlt trick or treaters really like it. I serve peanut butter and or cheese and crackers and Fritos with it. For dessert I make brownies.I fid so much joy and happiness in my family's enjoyment of the food I prepare for them.

6 comments:

tea time and roses said...

It is so true, sometimes the greatest joy can be found in the little things... The Cabbage Beef Soup sounds delicious! Homemade soup is one of my favorites meals especially at Autumn and Winter. Sounds so good... Enjoy!

Smiles...

Beverly

Nunnie's Attic said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I know exactly what you mean about finding contentment in feeding your family. There's a certain pride and accomplishment in serving them good food. Plus when you cook with love, they can taste it.

Come back again!
Love,
Julie

willzmom said...

This recipe sounds so good. I make one that sounds about the same. Looking forward to some cooler weather and soup nights!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Mmmmmmm!!! Sounds gooooood!!! I am going to try this when the weather cools a bit here! Love cool weather comfort food and this soup sounds great! Thanks for sharing the recipe! And thank you for your post to my blog. I hope you will visit again!
Barbara

Mom of 2 Roses said...

What a sweet thing you do for the little kiddos! Your soup sounds very yummy. I love cabbage soup!

Laurie

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I'll never forget the Halloween I brought Rosa's kids and you had chicken and pork on the grill. I got to sample some and it was sooooo good!