Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I want to wish all of you a very Happy Valentine's Day!!!!


I know all of you have memories and stories to share of Special Valentine's Days.

Though today was not quite Valentine's Day it was special to me. I was not in as much pain and could enjoy the day. I do not have many days like this so I was very thankful for it.

Yesterday I helped with the children's party at church. We made Valentine's for ladies in our chuch. The children really had fun doing this and the cards were very beautiful. We forgot to take pictures I know you would have loved seeing them.

Today we had a Valentines lunch after Morning services. It was so sweet. The ladies loved their cards and the food was so GOOD. Then we took food our church members had brought for the food pantry over to the pantry.

So much LOVE was shown to many today in many ways and it filled my heart!!!

I remembered back to the Valentine's I had when I was a child. There were always cards, a small box of chocolates for each of us, pink cupcakes with peppermint frosting. For dinner we would have spaghetti, salad, and homemade bread. Afterwards we would look at our cards and eat some of our candy. So much fun!!!!

Tomorrow when you are celebrating remember that love is the most important gift of all!!!! Love to all of you from me!



11 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Wishing you a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Sharon

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Mary!!!
Im praying for you ~ and asking for healing! Somehow God will heal your pain! BELIEVE GOD!! I'm doing the Beth Moore study on Believing God!!! It's wonderful.
Have a great day!
Warmly,
deb

Carole Burant said...

Happy Valentine's Day, dear Mary:-) I hope your day is a very special one. Know that you are loved!! xoxo

vivian said...

HI Mary, happy valentines day. I hope you're feeling well today and are able to enjoy the day with your sweetheart!
praying for your health!
xoxo
vivian

Linda said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit during OWOH. I really appreciate it. I hope you visit again soon.

I read about your foot problems, I hope you're feeling better. My sister-in-law is dealing with the same issue. Your post helped me understand a little better. So thank you for posting it.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hello Mary Isabella! Hello from Chilliwack, BC, Canada! Thanks for dropping by my blogs during the OWOH 2011 hop! Hope you’ve had a fabulous experience! It’s a pleasure meeting you!
Hugs
~Spike

http://spikescreativeside.com (#22)
http://spikestutorials.wordpress.com/ (#24)

spikelikeart at gmail dot com

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Mary,

Big Valentine's Day Hugs to you! Beautiful post my friend, lovely indeed.

Reading a few of your earlier post I know you have not been well and so happy that you enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's weekend!:o) I can imagine how happy the children were to have you help with the party.

This post certainly makes me smile. Happy week to you dear friend.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Gloria said...

Hello Mary,

Thanks for stopping on the OWOH event. Your Valentine Day sounded full of happy moments. I will remember you in my prayers, hope that you will find some relief very soon. Take care.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Mary,

Thinking of you dear friend and hope you are feeling well. Happy week to you!!:o)

Smiles♥

Beverly

Amy M. said...

Hope you are feeling better! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Unknown said...

Hello sweet lady,

I just love that cutie animation and your blog background is wonderful.

Wishing you a lovely day.

Karen