Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Tuesday

I trust everyone had a beautiful Valentine's Day. My husband and I went out to dinner on Saturday night and spent a wonderful, quite day at home on Sunday.


Yes we did hear from the stress test the very next day. I did not want to post about it until after Valentine's day as my husband did not want to think about it for a few days. It did not go well and we as well as the doctors were not expecting this. You see this was just a precaution before the bypass on his leg could be schedule. They knew he has two insufficient blockages in two insufficient arteries and wanted to make sure they were still okay. Which they were. You see what blew us away was this was his best check-up in 13 years. Cholesterol was 7 points from being perfect. Blood pressure was good.

They found a new blockage in the front of his heart. They are very concerned. His appointment was set up today to 1:30 Monday. My friends there were no warnings. He has had no chest pain.

This all goes back to a test he had a few years ago. 4 drops of his blood were taken and tested. He was 99.5 percent predestined to have heart decease. Both of his parents were gone to heaven when he had his first heart attack. (both from heart attacks). His Aunt said when he was small he would turn blue and pass out. He was taken to many doctors and no one knew. So he has always had these problems and they started showing up when he was 45 with his first heart attack. As you all know he has stints in his heart, neck, groin areas, Ilka arteries and one kidney. He has 5 more blockages in his left leg. We were scheduled to go to the doctor Feb. 23rd to talk about scheduling his leg bypass. Of course this will be put on hold for now.

Please pray for him, for his doctors to make the right diagnose and for them to have the skills to repair his heart. Please also pray for me as he relies on me for so many things. I pray for the Lord's leadership and wisdom in the days ahead as we have many decisions to make.

I will post on Monday and give you an update. Thank-you all for your love, and prayers.

24 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you and hubby had a wonderful Valentine's Day and diner, Mary. I'm sorry to hear about his latest heart problems. I will pray for him--and for you. Please keep us posted.

Hugs and Prayers,
Betsy

Jen xo said...

Im so sorry you are going through this right now.....

on a brighter note you won my OWOH giveaway :]

ive sent you an email but i can understand if you will late in replying. When you get a chance , send me your addy and ill send off my little blue needlecase.
hope your hubby has treatment soon and a speedy recovery...jenxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My Vintage Studio said...

I am glad to hear that you and DH had a wonderful Valentne's Day together.

You and your family will be included in my prayers.

Hugs, Sharon

a portland granny said...

Oh I hope they can fix your husband! Your posts always sound so cozy as you describe your evenings together, or you all cuddled up with a good book and your chocolates!!

Take care, dear sister and we will trust that your husband's latest problem can be taken care of with minimal invasion of his system!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PCovi said...

God, please keep Mary and hubby in your special care! Please show the doctors in which direction to go with his treatment for the best results. You have been so very loving and kind to them and they love you!

Vee said...

Your plate is very full, Mary. I will certainly be praying for the doctors to make the wisest choices knowing full well who the Great Physician is as I know you both do. Lean on Him as hard as you can, Dear Ones. God's comfort and blessing be yours.

Jackie said...

I will keep you all in my prayers. Doctors can do wonderful things now and I pray that they will be able to help your husband.

God bless.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Mary,

Your dear husband is indeed in our prayers. I am so happy to hear the two of you enjoyed a lovely evening out. You my friend take care, remember the Great Physician is always standing near. He is able to guide the hands of those who will care for your husband.

I will check back in a few days.

Smiles...

Beverly

~*Marie*~ said...

You are your family are in my prayers. That is all you can do at this point, and so I will keep you in my daily thoughts and prayers.

j said...

Prayers for your husband. I know this is a scary time for you as well. I pray for your entire family.

Justabeachkat said...

I will stop now and pray for you both. I will ask that God surrounds you with his comfort and healing power.

Hugs!
Kat

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Oh Dear Mary...
Said a prayer for you and hubby and the Dr's...May you feel God's arms around you during the days ahead...
Warmly,
Deb :)

Jen xo said...

Hi Mary, i didnt get your email either . i checked my spam folder just in case but its not there. Did you change my addy from 'at' to @ ?

try this one too

jenaburrow@yahoo.com

look forward to hearing from you and hope your hubby is doing better....jenxo

Unknown said...

I love your new look, Mary!

When you have a moment, stop by my blog! You'll be glad you did!

Love and hugs, KJ

Lallee said...

Mary, I am praying God will see your husband safely through this new discovery of blockage, as He has in the past. Praying for wisdom and skill for doctors, and peace for you and him.

I was working on my Bible study lesson yesterday, and one verse stood out to me. Luke 18 is the parable about the widow going to the king continually to ask for justice. Her perseverance gets him to change his mind. Verse 1 is what I had never seen before: "Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." We can't manipulate God, but He does use our prayers to change His mind. Anyway, I am praying!
Hugs,
Lallee

Unknown said...

I will be praying Mary. I hope everything goes well, he has suffered with this pain with his leg for so long. Heart problems run in our family too. Yet today they can do so much.

Blessings, Karen

Trudy said...

I wanted to thank you for entering my OWOH Giveaway. It was great fun. It was so crazy with so many blogs to visit that it was hard to really take a look at each one. So I invite you to come back and take a look around both of my blogs and see what you think. If you like them, I hope you will consider signing up as a follower and/or placing my blog on your blog list so that you can better keep up with me and know when I post. Thank you for taking the time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Have an awesome day!

Trudy
www.sewingwithrudy.blogspot.com
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

My 9 year old daughter's blog is www.sewingsister.blogspot.com if you would like to pay her a visit as well.

Kimberly said...

You are in my prayers.

Susan said...

We had snow in South Carolina this year. I use to live in Eastern Kentucky. Actually I was born and raised there. So I understand your excitement about the snow : )

Amy M. said...

Oh my goodness!!! Sending prayers out to you and your family!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

PCovi said...

Remember this?

http://tiny.cc/Nw227

vivian said...

HI Mary. I dont know how I missed this post. but I'm sorry to hear about your husbands serious health issues. I will most certainly keep him (and you) in my prayers. I'm always thankful and amazed at medical technology and that they can do soooo much to save our lives and help our bodies function better.
Hugs to you!
vivian