Sunday, June 22, 2008


We want to thank all of you for the sweet wishes you sent our way!!!

We had the most magnificent day!! We began it by attending church together. Then we came home to a BBQ Chicken dinner. My husband got up early and started a fire in the grill. Then before he came to church he put the chicken on . When we came home he made his sauce and brushed the chicken. It was falling off the bone tender. Sooo Good!!

I made our side dishes yesterday. I made potato salad, green pea salad and banana spilt cake.

After we had dinner we planted a yew bush in our yard to commemorate the occasion.

I would like to share my recipes with you.

Green Pea Salad

1 bag thawed frozen green peas all water drained off them

1 small red onion diced finely

6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese

small container of sour cream

1 jar pimento peppers

3 Tablespoons of real mayo.

If you wish 2 finely chopped boiled eggs

Mix all together and chill over night.


Banana Spilt Cake

In a 9x13 pan melt 1 stick of real butter then add 3 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs to make a crust

Then in a mixing bowl add 2 sticks real butter , 16 ounces of powered sugar 1 T. vanilla and enough milk to get to spreadable consistency beat until light and fluffy.

Spread this over the crust

Then add a 20 oz. can of well drained pineapple crushed.

6 sliced bananas

Spread cool whip over the top ( I use 2 cartons as my husband likes alot of cool whip)

Then sprinkle top with crushed pecans and add maraschino cherries

When I serve I drizzle Hershey's syrup over the top.

This is a very rich cake and I only make this for very special events. You can half this and you can make it in a graham cracker pie crust. It is really delicious .

I hope you will enjoy these recipes!!!!



24 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Sounds like your day was special. Thanks for the recipes. I've had the salad before...very good. The cake sounds incredibly rich. Yum!

Hugs!
Kat

~*Marie*~ said...

Mary, I am giving you a blogging award, please stop by my blog to pick it up and get all the details. Congrats!!!

Vee said...

Now that does sound like a wonderful day!

The green pea salad sounds so good that I may have to give it a try even though peas are not my favorite things.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Mary,
What a fabulous day! The menu sounds so yummy!
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

bluemuf said...

Mary, what a wonderful sounding day. Thank you so much for sharing those great recipes.

Hugs karen

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Well between the cakes at your house and mine...we could put somebody in a diabetic coma LOL!
That pea salad sounds really good...I don't think I've had it before.
I see you have an award...I'll go deliver it for you...

bj said...

Sooo many congratulations on your 34 yrs together.
Your dinner sounds just delicious and I am going to make that pie soon. Yummy
xo bj

Jan said...

What a wonderful day you had! It sounds so relaxing! I've had that cake before and it is delicious. Haven't had one in years, though.
Thanks for the recipes!

Jan

Donna said...

I love a good banana split cake!!! Thanks!!hughugs

Sandi McBride said...

The green pea salad sounds lovely for a cookout! The recipe for the Banana Split cake sent me into a sugar coma for about fifteen minutes lol! Thanks for sharing the recipes!
hugs
Sandi

BittersweetPunkin said...

How sweet of you to share your recipe!! I saw the Pea Salad at a Deli the other day and I was wondering what was in it...it looked great! I think I'm going to make it tonight to have with burgers!!
Hugs,
Robin

Nnairda's said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

The cake recipe sounds yummy!

Enjoy your week!

Adriann

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog. Nice... and nice to meet you! Susie H~

Carole Burant said...

Wonderful to hear that you had such a lovely day for your anniversary:-) Thank you so much for sharing your recipes with us, they all sound so yummy...especially that Banana Split Cake...droolllll:-) xoxo

Vallen said...

So much joy for you thee last few days an that pea salad recipe is going in my book. Congratulations and continued happiness

willzmom said...

Mary,
Congratulations on a wonderful occassion! Your meal sounds yummy, we were just talking about that Banana Split Pie yesterday-isn't that funny?

Mary said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice anniversary. Thanks so much for the recipes. They sound delicious and I'm always looking for something different to serve.

Blessings,
Mary

Carol said...

What a great day!
Thank you for the recipes I will save these. I have only just finished aking two cakes that came via Blog!
Carol x

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh does that sound good!

M ^..^

TO BECOME said...

My husband loves the salad and we both love the cake.Thanks for sharing. connie from texas

Unknown said...

Mary, it sounds as if your day was just perfect.

Love the recipes, thanks so much for sharing. The cake sounds absolutely yummy. Must definitely try that one really soon.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Mary!

Sounds like a beautiful Sunday, and a wonderful dinner too! Thanks so much for the recipe, you indeed are a sweetheart!

Smiles...

Beverly

Unknown said...

Dear Mary,
My mother received your birthday card and was so thrilled. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. You really made her day. Sounds like you had a wonderful day too. Congratulations on your award. Karen

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh - those recipes sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
Penny