Tuesday, August 28, 2007

YOU KNOCKED

YOU were dirty ,you smelled bad, your hair was long and looked to have not been washed in a very long time. Your clothes were ragged,filled with stains. I must admit you scared me. I opened the door thinking oh my not another one. I greeted you with a very noncareing Hello what can I do for you. All the time thinking I wish you would just go away . When you opened your mouth to speak I stood still frozen in time. It is not I who needs the help dear lady it is you!!!! How many times have you opened this door to strangers??? Did you help them or if you did was it because you really cared? Maybe it was becaused you just wanted them to go on their way. Bother was what you were thinking not BROTHER !!!! I looked into his eyes and said who are you? He replied; I am all of the unloved people of this world !!!!!! icome by for a cup of water and you give me vinegar. I ask for a sandwich and you give me no hope. I need you to show me love and you send me on my way with NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I have come to give you something. It is called the truth .I want you to think about this long and hard then he left. I stood there trembling with tears running down my face. The truth!!!!!!! The truth was he was right I really did not care I just wanted him to go away and leave me alone. How many times have you had the chance to help someone, but YOU DID NOT DO IT ? On this day I believe I had a heavenly visitor knock on my door but I failed to answer the call.

3 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Wisdom thankfully comes with age in many cases...and I am drawing near the people who I might have overlooked years ago. Loving people is so much easier than hating them. Entertaining angels unaware!
I wanted to ask if you read this blog: http://deardaisycottage.typepad.com/

Flea Market Queen said...

Beautiful...thanks!

willzmom said...

Wonderful thoughts. Thanks for sharing them.